Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The War on Christmas Continues

Ronald Williams shared this post on his blog. I wasn't sure if he would approve my comment, so I figured I would leave a copy here (for posterity).

"HOW CAN YOU BE SO OFFENDED BY SOMETHING YOU DON'T EVEN BELIEVE EXISTS???"

We're not offended by your nonexistent deity.

We're offended by you insisting that your religion should get special treatment. We're offended by boycotts from bigots like you aimed at stores that try to include everyone by saying "Happy Holidays". We're offended by sanctimonious jerks who threaten violence against others for a cheerful greeting. We're offended by you equating us with the Grinch because we'd rather not have our children forced to celebrate your holiday at school.

I don't get bent out of shape when the new Twilight move is released either. But Twilight fans aren't making up a phony War-On-Twilight, when I fail to mention Edward and Bella for 2 months out of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment